Introduction

Hi there! I'm Jillian. I started this blog to document my experience of making homemade items. My plan is to focus on my new adventure of teaching myself to sew, although I expect to throw in a few other types of "homemade" goods as well. In addition to sewing, which is relatively new to me, I have been crocheting since I was young, when my grandmother taught me how to make a potholder. My other favorite homemade hobby is baking. Especially cookies. Never enough cookies! :)

I got started sewing when I was about 25 when my mother-in-law gifted me a sewing machine for Easter. I took a class at a local fabric shop with my sister where we learned to make pillowcases (which are actually on my bed to this day!). I've taken a couple of other classes, and I've attempted several projects on my own which have had varying levels of success...

My goal is to improve my sewing skills, especially related to sewing garments. I would LOVE to one day have my very own me-made wardrobe! So here I go, on this adventure in sewing and learning more about fabric, garments, patterns, pattern adjustments and fitting, etc.

Join me!


     





Comments